Thursday, August 27, 2009



While I'm on about Mark Ronson's show, that reminded me about how much I really wanted to talk about Ellie Goulding. Surprise surprise, she's from the UK! I was initially introduced to her by a friend who thought I might like her, and I immediately got addicted to "Starry Eyed", a electronic meshing of teenage romance that could be the soundtrack to a first kiss. It's that perfect mix of simplistic idealism that is unique to late adolescence and first love, and I can't get enough of it.

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed:







Ellie is unique among her peers: playing acoustic gigs around London in the singer-songwriter scene (she's friends with One Small Sound favourite Laura Marling!), she eventually began a natural progression into electronically influenced music. Since then, she's met up with UK producer Starsmith, with whom she's been collaborating ever since. While she doesn't have a full length album out just yet, she's recently signed a deal with Polydor records in the UK, and I believe an album is in the works.

In the meantime, Ellie stopped by EVR on 7 August to do an interview and perform a few songs on air. Below, hear her performance of "Guns & Horses". She's soon to be touring the UK with Little Boots, so don't miss her.

Ellie Goulding - Guns & Horses (Live on East Village Radio)








Ellie Goulding on Myspace
Ellie Goulding on Twitter

No comments: