Friday, September 24, 2010

Take Two of These and Call Me in the Morning

I LOVE the classic, "Shame, Shame, Shame" by Shirley & Company. The man in the video below is clearly on drugs. I think I should just have a blog dedicated to hilarious YouTube videos because this is VISUAL GOLD. Coke? Poppers? Speed? Any guesses? According to the YouTube comments, the guy in the video is not the original singer, so, maybe he is nervous and snorted various things to get over it (this was pre Rescue Remedy, after all).

I would also like to comment on the male vocal style in this song and how it's basically yelling - not singing. It works, but, can be tad bit jarring. It reminds me of Alicia Keys and how she can't hit those high notes and just yells 'em out. You just go ahead and listen to her songs - "LET'S HEAR IT FOR NEWWWW YORRRRRRK" - and get back to me. From where I'm sitting, that is called yelling.

Shame, Shame, Shame gets cut off before the end, so, I've included the entire version below.


Full version of this song with no visuals. Unfortunately.



No comments: